HELP CREATE A GREAT CONVENTION
The convention organizers wish to make this your convention. To that end, we have compiled a list of possible seminars for the breakout sessions.
Let us know if you think you would be…. Very interested, Interested, Not interested in attending these breakout sessions.
The following Seminars are just a sample of the full list of the possibilities. To receive the full list of all 60 breakout sessions we are considering, please contact Bette Rose Ryan at email@example.com
We ask you to express your opinion to:
Denver LPCon 2008
C/O Michele Poague
21079 E. Mineral Dr.
Aurora, CO 80016
Very interested / Interested / Not interested
List of Possible Seminars:
“To get the $99 room rate you must tell the hotel you are with the
Libertarian National Convention.” Regular rates are $249.
1. Gun Rights Held Hostage (Guns rights discussed)
2. Libertarianism 101 (Who are these people and what do they believe?)
3. What Color is Your Soapbox? (How do you introduce Libertarianism to others?)
5. One Toke Over the Line (How the drug war is hurting our country.)
6. Rounding up the Rebels (Get others to join, organize rallies and other events.)
9. Is There Light at the End of the Tunnel? (Elections strategies)
10. The Parlor Pulitzer (On how to write letters to the editor)
11. What is the Price of FREE Speech? (Creating and using press)
14. Ringing the Tin Cup, formerly known as Whining Your Way to Wealth (Basic fundraising)
18. Will ALL Defendants Rise? (Defending jury rights)
20. How Rights Become Privileges and Vise Versa (Misinterpretation of the Language)
21. Cold Hearted Capitalist (What is human nature and how does it work in a free society?)
24. Victimless crimes - More than the Big Three.
25. Dis spelling the miths (Myth interpretations of our platform and how to answer them)
27. Home and Private Schooling (How to get it, how to keep it.)
28. Cut and Paste Your Way to Freedom (Making posters, banners, and flyers on the cheap.)
29. Persuading Co-workers You Aren’t Nuts (Getting people to join)
30. The Net, the FCC and Me (Security on the net)
33. Oh, NO! It Wasn’t Me! (Libertarianism and taking responsibility)
35. www.freedoms.com/changingtheworld One Byte at a Time.
(How blogs and websites are changing the world)
36. Do We Need Touchy Feely People in the Party?
(Not to be confused with the hermits guide to a good time)
40. China Town, Little Italy, and …Lake Woebegone? (A discussion on immigration.)
41. Dancing With the Devil (deciding when to support a law or initiative that isn’t perfect.)
47. What I Meant to Say (Intentional dialog- what you say may not be what they hear.)
49. The New Slavery (How federal regulations keep poor people poor.)
50. True Confessions of a Gun User (How guns have saved lives and property)
51. Voting for Dummies: by Count Chads (Introducing alternate voting systems)
52. A War Over War (Panel on Iraq, Iran and other places and people)
53. Eminent Domain - Coming to a neighborhood near you.
58. Our Young People Will Save Our Country (Round table with new, young Libertarians)